In a season packed with some superb SA Sauvignon Blancs, venerable Paarl producers Nederburg have news of their own and some wonderful Sauvignons now available.Each made in a unique style, these wines are an absolute pleasure to drink.
Four of Nederburg’s Sauvignon Blanc wines were awarded 90+ scores and gold medals by the esteemed judging panel of The Drinks Business Global Sauvignon Blanc Masters 2020 in the United Kingdom (UK), one of the most important markets for the brand. The scores were allocated as follows:
- Nederburg Sauvignon Blanc 2020: 93 points (gold medal)-complex summer fruit flavours with well controlled supporting acids.
- Nederburg Heritage Heroes The Young Airhawk Sauvignon Blanc 2018 (wooded): 93 points (gold medal) Partly barrel fermented, aromatic, quite hefty for a Sauvignon Blance-delicious
- Nederburg D234 Auction Reserve Sauvignon Blanc 2016: 91 points (gold medal) Aged beautifully and unusually for SB, totally delicious–with some blackcurrant tang, a cracker of a wine.
- Nederburg Two Centuries Sauvignon Blanc 2016 (wooded): 91 points (gold medal) Barrel fermented , superb drinking, a classic, some spicy,, lingering finish
According to Nederburg white-winemaker, Pieter Badenhorst.“What’s really encouraging, is the high score given to our core range Nederburg Sauvignon Blanc 2020, made from fruit grown in the Darling, Stellenbosch and Ceres regions which are all cool-climate winegrowing areas,” he states.
The white-winemaking team is equally proud of the high scores achieved by the other three Sauvignons, all made from top-quality fruit sourced from vineyards in Darling.
To add the awarded wines to your collection, take advantage of three consecutive monthly online deals via www.nederburg.com (only available in South Africa):
- March deal: R515 for 5 x Nederburg Sauvignon Blanc 2020 and 1 x Nederburg Heritage Heroes The Young Airhawk Sauvignon Blanc 2018
- April deal: R635 for 5 x Nederburg Sauvignon Blanc 2020 and 1 x Two Centuries Sauvignon Blanc 2016
- May deal: R555 for 5 x Nederburg Sauvignon Blanc 2020 and 1 x Nederburg Auction Reserve Sauvignon Blanc 2016
Nederburg contact details: Private Bag X3006, Paarl, 7620 | Sonstraal Road, Dal Josafat, Paarl | Tel: +27 21 862 3104 | Fax: +27 21 862 4887 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org